Update (10/07): Smells like Facebook now on version 2.2, to see what’s new visit Smells like Facebook blog.
After a long development, the newest version of Smells like Facebook theme is now available to download. Smells like Facebook 2.0 has many major changes from its first version. What’s new on this version? Here you are:
- Right sidebar. So many people asked to me how to add second sidebar, and now it’s available. It clones the ads sidebar on your Facebook profile page.
- Customizable sidebar avatar & site logo. Now you can choose what picture that will be displayed on the sidebar, not only gravatar of the administrator. Option to add a site logo that will be displayed on the top left corner (like Facebook logo) now also available
- New dashboard page for Smells Like Facebook options. If you think AJAX effect will make your blog slow, or if you don’t want the right sidebar on your homepage, now you can customize it on the Smells Like Facebook dashboard. It’s available on “Appearance” menu.
- Some CSS fixes: bullet & numbering now will displayed correctly on posts.
In 2.0.2 version, some bugs have been discovered. Thy are including:
- “Show older post” link will append the same content if clicked more than once (Ajax mode).
- The loading image will mutiply everytime “Show older post” is clicked.
- fixURL() method doesn’t work on Safari because Safari will decode “#” sign in URL if it appears more than once (Ajax mode).
- Adblock (Firefox addon) considers the right sidebar as an ads bar and block it.
- If blog homepage is different from the directory where WordPress is installed, link to Dashboard will still be loaded AJAX-ly
Anyway, you can download the newest version on WordPress Theme Directory. If you find some bugs or want to suggest something for next development, please visit the new blog dedicated for Smells Like Facebook. And don’t forget to follow our update on Facebook, Twitter or Plurk.